1.14.2013

Makin' Pillows


Patchwork pillows are a lot of fun to make and I am definitely  hooked.  I like making things that don't require months to finish and these are perfect. 



They can sure brighten up a room!

These were made with leftover scraps from other quilt projects, so they actually make a set with a quilt.  

 This picture was taken yesterday.   It was such a DREARY day.  It was pouring rain.  In JANUARY.  In MONTREAL.  In QUEBEC.  In CANADA!




 
 I didn't watch the news so I don't know if we broke any records for mild weather, but it's been unseasonably warm.  I just read 'FLIGHT BEHAVIORS' by Barbara Kinsolver and it talks about this very thing.  It's a good novel and I recommend it.

I didn't watch the news because I was busy watching Downton Abbey!  Oh that poor Edith!  The girl can't catch a break!  I hope they have something good in store for her soon!

The good news is that the snow has melted off of the roof and that I won't have to pay someone big bucks to shovel it off.  I had many visitors at my bird feeders, despite the rain, including this guy.  I figure they all need a bit of sustenance, so I let him be.



The trouble with making stuff with scraps though, is that I'm not using up all that beautiful new fabric I received during the holidays!  I am in LOVE with Sara Watt's fabric line
"Timber and Leaf" from Blend fabrics.  I am determined to sew a little quilt with it before I do anything else. 

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment